Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWTX-TV News 10 is the dominant television station for the Waco-Temple-Killeen market in the Heart of Texas. The CBS and CW affiliate, KWTX is the leader in every local newscast. A state-of-the-art facility with a brand new studio helps employees showcase their award-winning content. A storm-chasing vehicle called the Weather Edge gives our crews a mobile weather lab to track severe weather. But the station’s most valuable resource is its people. KWTX is home to a dedicated group of employees, many of whom have called the station home for many years. Community service is engrained in the culture of KWTX. We take pride in being able to say that no other station does it better. In 2016, the station was honored with the NAB’s Service to America Award, recognizing the nation’s top local TV station for community service. The Texas Association of Broadcasters also honored KWTX with its highest award for public service, The Bonner McLain Award. Fixer Upper’s Magnolia Silos have turned downtown Waco into a destination for travelers from around the country. The city is home to Baylor University, with one of the top athletic programs in the nation and beautiful McLane Stadium along the Brazos River. Space-X has a rocket testing facility, with some of the world’s most impressive technology in nearby McGregor. The market is also home to one of the largest U.S. Military installations in the world, Fort Hood. And this region is ideally located in Central Texas, within a short drive of both the Dallas and Austin metro areas. KWTX has a stellar reputation as one of the premiere broadcasters in Texas, and is looking for driven, dedicated people pursuing a career in broadcast-related fields, helping produce award-winning, compelling content while working in the community to help make life better for those we are entrusted to serve.
KWTX-TV, the dominant #1 station in Waco, TX is seeking an experienced full-time Digital Content Director (DCD) primarily for evenings, overnights and weekends. The DCD will work side-by-side with our news director, managing editor, assistant news director, producers, anchors and reporters. The DCD will be responsible for training staff, establishing best practices and creating an environment that actively engages all newsroom employees in digital and social participation through accountability.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write copy for web, including preplanned and breaking news coverage using dynamic copy and pushes on the KWTX APP and social platforms
- Copy edit stories produced by others to insure product exceeds station expectations and journalistic standards
- Coordinate "recruit to view" opportunities with producers across all day-parts
- Develop on-air engagement segments, using available and emerging technology
- Collaborate with regional and corporate news-gathering partners
- Monitor Live News Sources, to push happening now content on Digital and Social Streams
- Track over-performing stories and social media engagement from our newsroom and competitors
- Share day-part digital metrics in day-part editorial meetings
- Develop story-specific social media strategy for daily and promotable coverage by engaging and utilizing existing staff
- Work with Gray Digital Media to ensure KWTX is being proactive in adoption of company best-practices
- Impact and influence newsroom teammates by making daily decisions consistent with newsroom leadership
- Train new and existing staff on station digital policies, procedures, expectations and accountability
- Work collaboratively with marketing, tech, and sales departments to meet performance goals
- Help recruit and train new web, digital and newscast producers
- 2 years of producing experience for digital and social media in a commercial newsroom
- Demonstrated understanding of AP Style and proven leadership skills
- Working knowledge of CMS and Digital platforms, including Clickability, Social News Desk and Crowdtangle
- Ability to work long hours, weekends, and overnights for breaking news and specialized coverage
- A BA/BS degree in Journalism or Communication
No phone calls please.
Click HERE to apply online.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.