Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service
in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all
delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an
unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through
upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and
development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWTX-TV News 10 is the dominant television station for the Waco-Temple-Killeen market in the Heart of Texas. The CBS
and CW affiliate, KWTX is the leader in every local newscast. A state-of-the-art facility with a brand new studio helps
employees showcase their award-winning content. A storm-chasing vehicle called the Weather Edge gives our crews a
mobile weather lab to track severe weather. But the station’s most valuable resource is its people. KWTX is home to a
dedicated group of employees, many of whom have called the station home for many years. Community service is
engrained in the culture of KWTX. We take pride in being able to say that no other station does it better. In 2016, the
station was honored with the NAB’s Service to America Award, recognizing the nation’s top local TV station for
community service. The Texas Association of Broadcasters also honored KWTX with its highest award for public service,
The Bonner McLain Award. Fixer Upper’s Magnolia Silos have turned downtown Waco into a destination for travelers
from around the country. The city is home to Baylor University, with one of the top athletic programs in the nation and
beautiful McLane Stadium along the Brazos River. Space-X has a rocket testing facility, with some of the world’s most
impressive technology in nearby McGregor. The market is also home to one of the largest U.S. Military installations in
the world, Fort Hood. And this region is ideally located in Central Texas, within a short drive of both the Dallas and
Austin metro areas. KWTX has a stellar reputation as one of the premiere broadcasters in Texas, and is looking for
driven, dedicated people pursuing a career in broadcast-related fields, helping produce award-winning, compelling
content while working in the community to help make life better for those we are entrusted to serve.
KWTX News 10, is seeking Multi-Media Journalists for our Bell County Newsroom. This position requires proven live
skills, creative storytelling and excellent photography skills. This position is expected to present live reports daily. This
position is responsible for developing, investigating, writing, reporting and editing stories of interest, for all platforms.
We are looking for a driven multi-media journalist to join our award-winning news team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Write, shoot, and edit stories on your own for daily newscasts and website
• Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web
• Use social media sites, including Facebook, to report stories and interact with viewers
• Research, gather, & provide information in the most accurate, appealing, timely & creative way using all
• Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
• Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
• Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way
• Present TV stories in alternative and creative ways that emphasize storytelling techniques
• Ability to travel for assignments, as needed
• Ability to lift 35-40lbs of gear
• Recognize that he/she is a high-profile representative of our news organization in the community and conduct
himself/herself in a professional and cordial matter.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
• 1 year previous news experience, previous live reporting experience is mandatory
• Ability to shoot and edit video, write scripts, and effectively communicate live on-air
• Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape
• A degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Familiarity with non-linear editing, TVU, Sony ENG, Social Media
• Valid Driver’s License with good driving record. Employment is contingent on a pre-employment drug screen and
motor vehicle background check
No phone calls please.
Click HERE to apply online.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment
in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline
up to and including discharge.