About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWTX-TV News 10 is the dominant television station for the Waco-Temple-Killeen market in the Heart of Texas. The CBS and CW affiliate, KWTX is the leader in every local newscast. A state-of-the-art facility with a brand new studio helps employees showcase their award-winning content. A storm-chasing vehicle called the Weather Edge gives our crews a mobile weather lab to track severe weather. But the station’s most valuable resource is its people. KWTX is home to a dedicated group of employees, many of whom have called the station home for many years. Community service is engrained in the culture of KWTX. We take pride in being able to say that no other station does it better. In 2016, the station was honored with the NAB’s Service to America Award, recognizing the nation’s top local TV station for community service. The Texas Association of Broadcasters also honored KWTX with its highest award for public service, The Bonner McLain Award. Fixer Upper’s Magnolia Silos have turned downtown Waco into a destination for travelers from around the country. The city is home to Baylor University, with one of the top athletic programs in the nation and beautiful McLane Stadium along the Brazos River. Space-X has a rocket testing facility, with some of the world’s most impressive technology in nearby McGregor. The market is also home to one of the largest U.S. Military installations in the world, Fort Hood. And this region is ideally located in Central Texas, within a short drive of both the Dallas and Austin metro areas. KWTX has a stellar reputation as one of the premiere broadcasters in Texas, and is looking for driven, dedicated people pursuing a career in broadcast-related fields, helping produce award-winning, compelling content while working in the community to help make life better for those we are entrusted to serve.
KWTX News 10 seeks a Digital Producer/Newscast Producer/Editor to integrate written, video and audio content into stories for kwtx.com and for all station social media platforms. This person will also edit video and interviews for use in newscasts. This person also runs the night side and weekend assignment desk and serves as a newscast producer for our weekend newscasts.
• Write stories, edit and post video to www.kwtx.com, mobile apps and station social media platforms
• Edit video, images and interviews to match scripts for use in newscasts and on digital sites
• Shoot video with phone or camera as needed
• Respond to breaking news and urgent newsroom situations
• Produce weekend newscasts and other newscasts/programs as assigned or necessary
• Upload raw video and still photos to the Web site
• Communicate with editorial staff to post information factually, fair and fast to web and digital
• Write copy for the web and newscasts
• Explore ways to increase visual content on the website and digital platforms
• collaborate on story ideas with news team daily
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
• 1 year previous newscast producing/digital producing experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field
• Valid Driver’s License and able to complete the MVR process successfully
• Morning, evening and weekend work is required.
• Able to shoot and edit stories, work with reporters and assignment desk
• Capable of gathering information and interviews when necessary; conduct on line research
• Computer literacy required, including ideally ENPS news system
• Ability to create compelling newscasts and digital content that is relevant to today's
• Must be able to work well under pressure with limited supervision and daily deadlines
• Must assist other news producers in preparing newscasts as needed
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In
addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Click HERE to apply.
KWTX-TV, an operating company of Gray Television is an equal opportunity employer.
All of KWTX employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the application process, which includes a pre-employment drug test and DMV check.
Gray Television participates in E-Verify