Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country –all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWTX-TV News 10 is the dominant television station for the Waco-Temple-Killeen market in the Heart of Texas. The CBS, CW, Telemundo, and MeTV affiliate, KWTX is the leader in every local newscast. A state-of-the-art facility with a new studio helps employees showcase their award-winning content. A storm-chasing vehicle called the Weather Edge gives our crews a mobile weather lab to track severe weather. But the station’s most valuable resource is its people. KWTX is home to a dedicated group of employees, many of whom have called the station home for many years. Community service is engrained in the culture of KWTX. We take pride in being able to say that no other station does it better. In 2016, the station was honored with the NAB’s Service to America Award, recognizing the nation’s top local TV station for community service. The Texas Association of Broadcasters also honored KWTX with its highest award for public service, The Bonner McLain Award. Fixer Upper’s Magnolia Silos have turned downtown Waco into a destination for travelers from around the country. The city is home to Baylor University, with one of the top athletic programs in the nation and beautiful McLane Stadium along the Brazos River. Space-X has a rocket testing facility, with some of the world’s most impressive technology in nearby McGregor. The market is also home to one of the largest U.S. Military installations in the world, Fort Hood. And this region is ideally located in Central Texas, within a short drive of both the Dallas and Austin metro areas. KWTX has a stellar reputation asone of the premiere broadcasters in Texas, and is looking for driven, dedicated people pursuing a career in broadcast-related fields, helping produce award-winning, compelling content while working in the community to help make life better for those we are entrusted to serve.
KWTX News 10is seeking an experienced journalist with a proven track record of leadership and community involvement to co-anchor KWTX News 10 This Morning, the dominant #1 morning newscast in Central Texas. KWTX prides itself on leadership on-air, Online and in our community. Our anchors are leaders in the newsroom, lending a hand to other journalists while developing multi-platform content of their own. Their leadership extends outside of work, too, where they are expected embrace the people and culture of Central Texas, becoming involved in local organizations and nonprofits. The ideal candidate thrives when working with a team, exhibits strong editorial judgment and is willing to do what it takes to get the best story. Anchors are expected to regularly create compelling original investigative content, develop story ideas and sources, and work with producers to generate innovative, interesting newscasts.The right person for this position is as comfortable delivering breaking news and in-depth investigative reporting as they are talking about the weather and interviewing important figures. A positive attitude and the ability to engage our sophisticated audience on-air and on our digital platforms is a must.
The ideal candidate is someone with the drive, passion,skill, and charisma to be a leader at a station that has been #1 for more than 60 years.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Anchor weekday morning newscasts, and other newscasts/content on all platforms as assigned
- Ability to shoot, write, and edit all work for weekly investigative content
- Strong live skills including extended breaking news coverage and the ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly
- Produce morning newscasts as necessary
- Collaborate with producers, reporters, and production staff to make shows as compelling and clean as possible
- Help oversee morning content and report to management with any issues
- Work flexible hours and days, and willingness to fill in on other shifts as needed
- Proven leadership skills working with staff at all levels
- Generate enterprising investigative content and cover a variety of assignments
- Strong ethical news judgment and priority setting
- Ability to make quick decisions and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Develop community relationships and make a reasonable amount of appearances in Central Texas
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with all KWTX employeesand external organizations
- Engage audience on all station digital and social platforms
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- 3 to 5 years of anchor/reporting experience
- Degree in broadcast journalism or related field
- Proven experience as an investigative reporter
- Strong, demonstrated news judgment
- Superior writing and copy-editing skills
- Proficiency in story creation and newscast production
- Working knowledge of AP ENPS
- Ability to work in a team environment and under constant deadlines
- Drug screen and MVR check required
No phone calls please.
Click HERE to apply online.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.