Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country –all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWTX-TV News 10 is the dominant television station for the Waco-Temple-Killeen market in the Heart of Texas. The CBS, CW, Telemundo, and MeTV affiliate, KWTX is the leader in every local newscast. A state-of-the-art facility with a new studio helps employees showcase their award-winning content. A storm-chasing vehicle called the Weather Edge gives our crews a mobile weather lab to track severe weather. But the station’s most valuable resource is its people. KWTX is home to a dedicated group of employees, many of whom have called the station home for many years. Community service is engrained in the culture of KWTX. We take pride in being able to say that no other station does it better. In 2016, the station was honored with the NAB’s Service to America Award, recognizing the nation’s top local TV station for community service. The Texas Association of Broadcasters also honored KWTX with its highest award for public service, The Bonner McLain Award. Fixer Upper’s Magnolia Silos have turned downtown Waco into a destination for travelers from around the country. The city is home to Baylor University, with one of the top athletic programs in the nation and beautiful McLane Stadium along the Brazos River. Space-X has a rocket testing facility, with some of the world’s most impressive technology in nearby McGregor. The market is also home to one of the largest U.S. Military installations in the world, Fort Hood. And this region is ideally located in Central Texas, within a short drive of both the Dallas and Austin metro areas. KWTX has a stellar reputation asone of the premiere broadcasters in Texas, and is looking for driven, dedicated people pursuing a career in broadcast-related fields, helping produce award-winning, compelling content while working in the community to help make life better for those we are entrusted to serve.
KWTX News 10, is seeking an experienced Multi-Media Journalist to be live and work in the Ft. Hood community of Bell County and also serve as backup news producer in Waco. This position will be provided all the necessary tools to work as an MMJ and file live and recorded reports from their home community. Proven live skills, creative storytelling and excellent photography skills are required. Military-related experience is helpful. This position is expected to present live reports daily. This position is responsible for developing, investigating, writing, reporting and editing military-related stories of interest, for all platforms. Position includes duties as a backup newscast producer filling shifts at the main station as warranted and scheduled. Expected schedule is 3-days weekly reporting as an MMJ and 2-days weekly producing newscasts. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting, as well, as onher/his own.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write, shoot, and edit primarily military-related stories on your own for daily newscasts and website
- Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web
- Use social media sites, including Facebook, to report stories and interact with viewers
- Research, gather, & provide information in the most accurate, appealing, timely & creative way using all resources
- Develop and maintain sources of information in the Ft. Hood community for story generation
- Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
- Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way
- Present TV stories in alternative and creative ways that emphasize storytelling techniques
- Ability to travel for assignments, as needed
- Ability to lift 35-40lbs of gear
- Recognize that he/she is a high-profile representative of our news organization in the community and conduct himself/herself in a professional and cordial manner.
- Produce relevant and creative newscasts as assigned using available station resources
- Work with newsroom managers, other producersand support staff to produce fast-paced newscasts
- Edit necessary video to include in newscasts produced under your charge
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- 1 year previous news experience, previous live reporting experience is required
- Previous newscast producing experience, ENPS experience helpful
- Previous/Current military-related experience to aid in source and story development
- Ability to shoot and edit video, write scripts, and effectively communicate live on-air
- Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape
- A degree in journalism or relatedfield
- Ability to be self-motivated and work efficiently in a solo environment
- Familiarity with non-linear editing, TVU, Sony ENG, Social Media
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
Employment contingent on a preemployment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please.
Click HERE to apply online.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.