KWTX News 10, The Breaking News & Weather Authority, Waco, TX seeks a News Producer for its number one news products. We seek a creative producer who will focus his or her efforts on using our vast resources to infuse the newscast with what's "new, now & next." Successful candidates must have a passion for digging up and developing new stories for our audience and getting those stories to our viewers on-air and on our digital platforms in a timely manner.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Selecting and placing stories within various newscasts
• Finding creative ways to showcase content
• Writing promotional copy that is engaging
• Writing stories for various newscasts
• Placing and promoting stories on our various digital assets
• Communicating with talent, reporters and production crews to keep newscasts on target and on time
• Making quick decisions within newscasts to add breaking news and weather
• Working with other national and regional media sources to gather information and stories for our newscasts
• Willingness to wear multiple hats and multitask
• Carrying out additional duties as they arise
• Broadcast Journalism experience
• College degree or equivalent job experience in a journalism-related field
• Must possess exceptional writing ability
• Leadership skills
• Exceptional news judgment
• Professional knowledge of news operations
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
No phone calls please.
Click HERE to apply.
All of KWTX employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the application process, which includes a pre-employment drug test and DMV check.
Gray Television participates in E-Verify.