About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWTX-TV News 10 is the dominant television station for the Waco-Temple-Killeen market in the Heart of Texas. The CBS and CW affiliate, KWTX is the leader in every local newscast. A state-of-the-art facility with a brand new studio helps employees showcase their award-winning content. A storm-chasing vehicle called the Weather Edge gives our crews a mobile weather lab to track severe weather. But the station’s most valuable resource is its people. KWTX is home to a dedicated group of employees, many of whom have called the station home for many years.
Community service is engrained in the culture of KWTX. We take pride in being able to say that no other station does it better. In 2016, the station was honored with the NAB’s Service to America Award, recognizing the nation’s top local TV station for community service. The Texas Association of Broadcasters also honored KWTX with its highest award for public service, The Bonner McLain Award.
Fixer Upper’s Magnolia Silos have turned downtown Waco into a destination for travelers from around the country. The city is home to Baylor University, with one of the top athletic programs in the nation and beautiful McLane Stadium along the Brazos River. Space-X has a rocket testing facility, with some of the world’s most impressive technology in nearby McGregor. The market is also home to one of the largest U.S. Military installations in the world, Fort Hood. And this region is ideally located in Central Texas, within a short drive of both the Dallas and Austin metro areas.
KWTX has a stellar reputation as one of the premiere broadcasters in Texas, and is looking for driven, dedicated people pursuing a career in broadcast-related fields, helping produce award-winning, compelling content while working in the community to help make life better for those we are entrusted to serve.
KWTX-TV has an immediate, full-time opening for a Technical Media Producer / Newscast Director. Technical Media Producers work in KWTX’s state-of-the-art media control center and are responsible for directing both live and pre-recorded productions, as well as processing content for two television stations and KWTX.com. This is an opportunity to build your career in the constantly evolving television industry while refining your own skills with cutting edge technology. This is a career opportunity to join the award-winning team behind the number one news station in Central Texas. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work alongside news producers and other newsroom staff to create, code, and direct dynamic, fast-paced, top-rated newscasts and programming
• Coordinate live acquisition of reporters and news video utilizing ENG microwave and IP-based video transmission platforms
• Design compelling and engaging graphics and visual elements to help our journalists communicate their stories
• Monitor on-air signals for KWTX, ingest daily programming and commercials, and operate the Master Control automation system
• Be responsible for regular care and maintenance of equipment and studio, including lighting, cameras, and sets
• Occasional operation of studio teleprompter & EFP cameras, floor directing, and various other duties as assigned will be required
• The successful candidate will be creative, extremely detail-oriented and have very strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, and communication skills
• Positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high stress environment under deadline pressure
• Able to work well with a team (but be equally comfortable working individually)
• Flexible to work mornings, nights, weekends, out-of-town assignments, and changing schedules
• Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Able to climb and work on ladders and comfortably lift 30 pounds or more
• Computer literacy is a must
• Strong grasp of visual design, grammar, and spelling
• While previous television experience is preferred, it is not required
• Experience with HD video production, Ross Overdrive and Vision switchers, VizRT Graphics, Grass Valley ITX Master Control Automation, ENPS, and non-linear editing systems is a definite plus
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Click HERE to apply
KWTX-TV, an operating company of Gray Television is an equal opportunity employer. All of KWTX employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the application process, which includes a pre-employment drug test and DMV check. Gray Television participates in E-Verify.