Belton: Council to discuss mold problems at Central Fire Station

(File)
By  | 

BELTON, Texas (KWTX) Belton City Council, members Tuesday will discuss the findings of an assessment by the Farmer Environmental group of the Central Fire Station.

The report shows that mold was identified within the walls and in the attic space of the sleeping quarters.

The report says mold was present, but not airborne.

Council members will discuss the cost of remediating the mold and moisture damage.

The project is expected to take approximately six months to complete.

The cost is estimated at less than $200,000, but if the project is bid and fully contracted out it could be completed within three months at a cost estimated at between $200,000 and $260,000.

The firefighters assigned to the Central Fire Station have been working out of Station No. 2 on Sparta Road since Oct. 22.