EDDY, Texas (KWTX) Residents were allowed to return home Wednesday evening after they were evacuated as crews from several departments battled a fire at a local business where inner, paint and chemicals are stored.
Evacuations were ordered late Wednesday afternoon as crews from at least four departments responded to the fire, which was reported at around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday at Southern Enterprises of EnviroCare, Inc. at 1551 Old Moody Rd. in Eddy.
All employees escaped safely, a worker said.
The metal building partially collapsed, the Waco Fire Department said in a tweet.
A Waco Fire Department hazmat crew and crews from Moody, Bruceville-Eddy and Lorena responded to the fire.
Paramedics were also sent to stand by.
A small fire in December 2016 in the rear of the Southern Enterprises warehouse caused a few anxious moments because of the chemicals stored inside.
The fire was ignited by a cigarette inside a barrel, which tipped over.
The small fire was contained.
No one was hurt and the building wasn’t damaged.