Central Texas child alerts parents to fire that started in clothes dryer

(Temple Fire & Rescue photo)

TEMPLE, Texas (KWTX) A Temple child alerted his parents to a fire that started in clothes dryer that temporarily displaced a local family of six.

The fire was reported just before 10:45 p.m. Thursday at 1001 South 29th St. in Temple.

The residents were outside when the first crew arrived.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames, but the entire house received smoke damage.

The fire was ruled accidental.

The cost of the damage to the home hasn’t been determined.

The American Red Cross is assisting the residents.

The house did have working smoke detectors, officials said.