Overnight house fire displaces Central Texas family

(Photo by Christy Soto)

MOODY, Texas (KWTX) One family is displaced after several fire departments were working early Monday morning to try to save a house that caught fire in Moody.

The fire happened around 2 a.m. Monday on Stampede Road.

Family members woke up to a smell of smoke and got themselves out.

However, firefighters had to go in and rescue their dog.

No one was injured.

Moody, Moffat, Morgan’s point and Bruceville Eddy fire departments
responded to the fire.

Moffat Fire Chief Scott Benson, said firefighters had to remove the metal roof by hand so they could continue to put out hot spots.

It took fire crews more than three hours to put out the fire.

Temple EMS arrived on scene with necessities for the family, including a car seat, clothes and blankets donated by McLane Children's Hospital for an infant.

The cause of the fire hasn't been determined.