(KWTX) The Healthy Station on East Central in Belton wasn’t so healthy.
It got a score of 89 during a recent inspection.
A health report noted, there was no sanitizer on site.
The water was not hot enough for hand washing and there were no paper towels at the hand sink.
The business got a 100 after a follow-up inspection.
Pho #9 Vietnamese Noodles on West Veterans Memorial Boulevard in Killeen got a 90 on a recent inspection.
The health worker noted, a tub of beef and a tub of chicken, wrapped in plastic, was improperly thawing on the floor.
Raid bug spray was stored by the seasonings.
Taj Indian restaurant on East Central Texas Expressway in Killeen got a 91 on a recent health inspection.
This is what was in the report:
• A tub of chicken was on the floor without a lid
• The Ninja blender and food processors needed to be cleaned because they were dirty and gnats were all over them
• There was also mold on the metal racks
The first 2020 Clean Plate Award goes to Meggs Café in Temple.
According to the restaurant’s Facebook page, the owners have been rooted in the Central Texas community for generations and they use locally sourced foods when possible.
You can grab breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
One favorite on the menu is the Steak and Eggs, two eggs your way, a five-ounce Texas sirloin topped with salsa verde, toast and house potatoes.