Temple: Fire breaks out on roof of restaurant

A fire caused by improper electrical wiring broke out on the roof of a Temple restaurant early Monday afternoon. (Temple Fire & Rescue photo)
By  | 

TEMPLE, Texas (KWTX) A fire caused by improper electrical wiring broke out on the roof of a Temple restaurant early Monday afternoon.

The fire was reported at around 12:15 p.m. at Sol De Jalisco #3 at 8774 West Adams Ave.

Light smoke was coming from the roof when the first crews arrived.

Firefighters extinguished flames in the front wall of the building directly adjacent to the restaurant’s sign.

Damage was confined to the front exterior wall.

Light water damage occurred inside the restaurant.

Damages were estimated at about $3,500.

No one was hurt.