Temple: Fire that injured 2, displaced 3 caused by unattended cooking

(Temple Fire & Rescue photo/file)
By  | 

TEMPLE, Texas (KWTX) A fire Tuesday in Temple that injured two people and displaced three was caused by unattended cooking, officials said Wednesday.

The fire at the Bluebonnet Estates Mobile Home Park at 910 East Young Ave. caused an estimated $17,000 in damage.

Four people were in the home when the fire started.

Two received minor injuries and one of the two was taken to Scott & White Medical Center for treatment for exposure to smoke, officials said.

The three residents of the home had to make temporary living arrangements, officials said.

Fire damage was limited to the kitchen, but the remainder of the residence sustained smoke damage.