Two local residents displaced by weekend fire

(Temple Fire & Rescue photo/file)
By  | 

TEMPLE, Texas (KWTX) Two people were displaced Sunday after a small fire in their Central Texas home.

According to Thomas Pechal, with the Temple Fire and Rescue, the fire occurred at a home in the 1100 block of South 27th Street just before 4:30 p.m.

When firefighters arrived, they noticed light smoke coming from the back of the home.

An investigation determined previous remodeling work trapped the electrical service line and over time abrasion occurred eventually shorting out and causing the fire.

The cause has been ruled unintentional and damage is estimated at $2,000.

Pechal said the occupants were displaced and staying with friends.