TEMPLE, Texas (KWTX) Temple firefighters responded to a house fire in the 1000 block of South 47th Street Monday morning.
Crews responded to the call around 6:30 a.m.
When they arrived they saw flames coming through the roof of the home.
Firefighters battled the flames for 20 minutes until the fire was out.
Officials say no one was in the home at the time of the fire.
They also say the home looked like it is in the process of being remodeled.
No injuries were reported.
A electrical power system malfunction ignited the fire, officials said.
The house was heavily damaged by smoke and flames.
An initial estimate set damages at $20,000.