Wife of accused killer of Temple man, woman released on bond

Ginell McDonough. (Jail photo)

(KWTX) The wife of the Central Texas MMA fighter who’s charged with capital murder in the deaths of two longtime friends was released on bond Friday, more than month after her arrest in Michigan.

Ginell McDonough, 37, was arrested on Jan. 11 in Muskegon, Mich., on a charge of harboring a fugitive and was ordered held in lieu of $75,000 bond.

She was free Friday after posting a $10,000 bond, according to online records.

She’s accused of harboring her husband, Cedric Marks, who’s charged in the Jan. 3 deaths of Jenna Scott, 28, and her friend Michael Swearingin, 32, both of Temple.

Marks, Scott's ex-boyfriend, was arrested on Jan. 8 in Kent County, Mich., on a Temple burglary warrant stemming from a break-in on Aug. 21, 2018 at Scott’s home and was charged with capital murder on Feb. 3, the same day he escaped from a prisoner transport van in Conroe as he was being transferred to Bell County.

He was on the run for about nine hours before he was recaptured.

Marks, who's first name is spelled Cedrick in court records, remains in the Bell County Jail in lieu of bonds totaling more than $1.75 million.

A second woman linked to the case, Maya Maxwell, is also held in the Bell County Jail in lieu of $500,000 bond.

She was arrested on Jan. 11 in Muskegon on a Bell County warrant charging tampering with evidence, admitted that “she was involved with leaving Swearingin’s vehicle in Austin in hopes to conceal it from law enforcement, a warrant affidavit says.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, Maxwell was present on Jan. 3 at a home in Killeen when Swearingin and Scott were killed.

“Maxwell said that both Jenna Scott and Michael Swearingin were alive at the time they were brought to the Killeen residence,” the affidavit says.

“Marks then entered the room where Michael Swearingin was located and when Marks left the room, Michael Swearingin was deceased,” the affidavit says.

“Marks then entered the room where Jenna Scott was located, and when he left that room, Maxwell reported that Jenna Scott was deceased,” the affidavit said.

“Maxwell reported that she heard a struggle when Marks entered the rooms with both individuals,” the affidavit said.

She also provided information about where the bodies of the two friends were buried, the affidavit says.

The bodies of the two were found in a clandestine grave on Jan. 15 in rural Okfusee County, Okla.