How to Watch the Texas Southern vs. Rice Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for September 16
The Rice Owls (1-1) face an FCS opponent, the Texas Southern Tigers (0-2) on Saturday, September 16, 2023 at Rice Stadium.
Rice has the 85th-ranked scoring offense this year (26.5 points per game), and has been worse on defense, ranking 15th-worst with 39 points allowed per game. Texas Southern's defense has been a bottom-25 unit in scoring defense this season, allowing 54 points per game, which ranks ninth-worst in the FCS. On the offensive side of the ball, it ranks 73rd with 18.5 points per contest.
Read on to find out the info on how to watch this game on ESPN+.
Texas Southern vs. Rice Game Info
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Live Stream: Watch this game on ESPN+
- City: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Rice Stadium
How to Watch Week 3 Games
- North Dakota vs Boise State
- Syracuse vs Purdue
- Western Kentucky vs Ohio State
- Army vs UTSA
- Colorado State vs Colorado
- Pittsburgh vs West Virginia
- TCU vs Houston
- Minnesota vs North Carolina
- Oklahoma vs Tulsa
- BYU vs Arkansas
- Tennessee vs Florida
- LSU vs Mississippi State
- Alabama vs South Florida
- Wake Forest vs Old Dominion
- South Carolina vs Georgia
- Virginia vs Maryland
- Penn State vs Illinois
- San Diego State vs Oregon State
- Northern Illinois vs Nebraska
- Florida State vs Boston College
Texas Southern vs. Rice Key Statistics
|362 (50th)||Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||323 (116th)|
|502 (102nd)||Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||450.5 (105th)|
|170.5 (38th)||Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||48 (129th)|
|191.5 (58th)||Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||275 (43rd)|
|2 (82nd)||Turnovers (Rank)||5 (104th)|
|0 (53rd)||Takeaways (Rank)||1 (109th)|
Texas Southern Stats Leaders
- Andrew Body leads Texas Southern with 286 yards on 18-of-38 passing with three touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 64 rushing yards (32 ypg) on 10 carries.
- The team's top rusher, LaDarius Owens, has carried the ball 16 times for 141 yards (70.5 per game) with one touchdown.
- Jacorey Howard has run for 76 yards across 20 attempts.
- Quaydarius Davis has racked up 143 receiving yards on eight receptions to pace his squad so far this season while scoring one touchdown as a receiver.
- Jyrin Johnson has recorded 87 receiving yards (43.5 yards per game) on 10 receptions.
- AJ Bennett's five catches (on eight targets) have netted him 86 yards (43 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Rice Stats Leaders
- JT Daniels has 550 pass yards for Rice, completing 61.8% of his passes and recording four touchdowns and three interceptions this season.
- Dean Connors has carried the ball 16 times for a team-high 71 yards (35.5 per game). He has also caught nine passes for 89 yards.
- This season, Juma Otoviano has carried the ball 16 times for 20 yards (10 per game), while also racking up 48 yards through the air.
- Luke McCaffrey's team-leading 121 yards as a receiver have come on nine receptions (out of 19 targets) with three touchdowns.
- Braylen Walker has hauled in six receptions totaling 116 yards, finding the end zone one time as a receiver so far this campaign.
Rep your team with officially licensed Rice or Texas Southern gear! Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.