How to Watch the Texas State vs. Jackson State Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for September 16
The Texas State Bobcats (1-1) take on an FCS opponent, the Jackson State Tigers (2-1) on Saturday, September 16, 2023 at Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium.
Despite sporting a bottom-25 defense that ranks 19th-worst in the FBS (448 yards allowed per game), Texas State has put up better results offensively, ranking 99th in the FBS offensively putting up 341.5 yards per game. Jackson State's defensive unit has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks 17th-best in the FCS with 16.3 points allowed per contest. In terms of offense, it is compiling 24.7 points per game, which ranks 52nd.
See how to watch this game on ESPN+ in the article below.
Texas State vs. Jackson State Game Info
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Live Stream: Watch this game on ESPN+
- City: San Marcos, Texas
- Venue: Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium
How to Watch Week 3 Games
- San Diego State vs Oregon State
- Northern Illinois vs Nebraska
- Virginia vs Maryland
- Fresno State vs Arizona State
- South Carolina vs Georgia
- Syracuse vs Purdue
- BYU vs Arkansas
- Army vs UTSA
- Penn State vs Illinois
- Pittsburgh vs West Virginia
- Florida State vs Boston College
- Tennessee vs Florida
- TCU vs Houston
- LSU vs Mississippi State
- Western Kentucky vs Ohio State
- Oklahoma vs Tulsa
- North Dakota vs Boise State
- Colorado State vs Colorado
- Minnesota vs North Carolina
- Wake Forest vs Old Dominion
- Alabama vs South Florida
Texas State vs. Jackson State Key Statistics
|Texas State||Jackson State|
|341.5 (103rd)||Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||267.3 (35th)|
|448 (104th)||Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||186 (35th)|
|87 (115th)||Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||70 (109th)|
|254.5 (54th)||Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||197.3 (55th)|
|1 (9th)||Turnovers (Rank)||0 (1st)|
|3 (48th)||Takeaways (Rank)||0 (53rd)|
Texas State Stats Leaders
- TJ Finley has recorded 509 yards (254.5 ypg) on 38-of-60 passing with three touchdowns compared to zero interceptions this season.
- Ismail Mahdi has racked up 106 yards on 12 carries while finding the end zone one time as a runner.
- Calvin Hill has carried the ball 25 times for 70 yards (35.0 per game).
- Kole Wilson's leads his squad with 134 yards as a receiver. He's racked up that yardage on nine receptions (out of 11 targets).
- Joey Hobert has put together a 111-yard season so far with one touchdown, reeling in seven passes on 11 targets.
- Ashtyn Hawkins has a total of 99 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing eight passes.
Jackson State Stats Leaders
- Jason Brown has compiled 443 yards (147.7 ypg) while completing 69.2% of his passes and recording three touchdown passes this season.
- Irvin Mulligan is his team's leading rusher with 29 carries for 186 yards, or 62.0 per game. He's found paydirt one time on the ground, as well.
- Zy McDonald has piled up 45 yards (on 10 carries).
- Rico Powers Jr. leads his team with 214 receiving yards on eight receptions with one touchdown.
- Isaiah Spencer has nine receptions (on nine targets) for a total of 89 yards (29.7 yards per game) this year.
- Andre Hunt's four receptions (on four targets) have netted him 73 yards (24.3 ypg) and one touchdown.
Rep your team with officially licensed Texas State or Jackson State gear! Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.