Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The Arizona Diamondbacks (78-72) have a 2-0 series lead and aim to sweep the Chicago Cubs (78-71) on Sunday at Chase Field, at 7:10 PM ET.
The Cubs will give the ball to Jordan Wicks (3-0, 1.99 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 4 on the season, and the Diamondbacks will turn to Ryne Nelson (7-8, 5.53 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: ESPN
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Venue: Chase Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Wicks - CHC (3-0, 1.99 ERA) vs Nelson - ARI (7-8, 5.53 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Diamondbacks|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Odds|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Prediction|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Wicks
- Wicks (3-0) will take the mound for the Cubs, his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run in six innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 1.99, a 3 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.059 in four games this season.
- He's looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Wicks has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Ryne Nelson
- Nelson gets the start for the Diamondbacks, his 27th of the season. He is 7-8 with a 5.53 ERA and 88 strikeouts in 135 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday, the right-hander threw 4 1/3 innings against the New York Mets, allowing six earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- In 26 games this season, the 25-year-old has an ERA of 5.53, with 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .292 against him.
- Nelson enters the matchup with seven quality starts under his belt this year.
- Nelson enters the matchup with 18 outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
- In two of his appearances this season he did not give up an earned run.
Ryne Nelson vs. Cubs
- He will take the mound against a Cubs squad that is batting .254 as a unit (11th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .417 (12th in the league) with 178 total home runs (14th in MLB action).
- Nelson has thrown 5 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run on two hits while striking out three against the Cubs this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.