Rangers vs. Guardians Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The Cleveland Guardians (71-78) have a 2-0 series lead and hope to sweep the Texas Rangers (82-66) on Sunday at Progressive Field, at 1:40 PM ET.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Rangers will send Cody Bradford (4-1) to the mound, while Gavin Williams (2-5) will take the ball for the Guardians.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rangers vs. Guardians Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 1:40 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Venue: Progressive Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Bradford - TEX (4-1, 3.80 ERA) vs Williams - CLE (2-5, 3.43 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Rangers Injury Report|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Guardians|
|Rangers vs Guardians Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rangers vs Guardians Odds|
|Rangers vs Guardians Prediction|
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cody Bradford
- Bradford (4-1) will take the mound for the Rangers, his seventh start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Thursday against the Toronto Blue Jays, throwing 2 2/3 scoreless innings of relief and allowing one hit.
- The 25-year-old has pitched to a 3.80 ERA this season with 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.3 walks per nine across 17 games.
- Bradford has not earned a quality start in six starts this season.
- Bradford has started six games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings four times. He averages 2.8 innings per appearance.
- He is looking for his sixth appearance in a row with no earned runs allowed.
Cody Bradford vs. Guardians
- The Guardians are batting .249 this season, 15th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .380 (28th in the league) with 114 home runs.
- The Guardians have gone 3-for-12 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI in one game against the left-hander this season.
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Gavin Williams
- Williams (2-5) gets the starting nod for the Guardians in his 16th start of the season. He has a 3.43 ERA in 76 2/3 innings pitched, with 74 strikeouts.
- The righty last appeared on Tuesday against the San Francisco Giants, when he tossed six innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- During 15 games this season, the 24-year-old has a 3.43 ERA and 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .221 to opposing batters.
- Williams has three quality starts under his belt this season.
- Williams will try to continue a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.1 innings per outing).
- He has had four appearances this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
Gavin Williams vs. Rangers
- The opposing Rangers offense has a collective .266 batting average, and is second in the league with 1368 total hits and third in MLB action with 816 runs scored. They have the third-ranked slugging percentage (.455) and are sixth in all of MLB with 209 home runs.
- Head-to-head against the Rangers this season, Williams has thrown five innings, giving up two earned runs on four hits while striking out four.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.