Rangers vs. Mariners Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 23
The Seattle Mariners (84-69) will look to Cal Raleigh, on a two-game homer streak, against the Texas Rangers (85-68) at 7:05 PM ET on Saturday, at Globe Life Field.
The Rangers will give the ball to Jordan Montgomery (9-11, 3.38 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 10 on the season, and the Mariners will counter with Logan Gilbert (13-6, 3.77 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rangers vs. Mariners Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Venue: Globe Life Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Montgomery - TEX (9-11, 3.38 ERA) vs Gilbert - SEA (13-6, 3.77 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Rangers Injury Report|
|Rangers vs Mariners Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Mariners|
|Rangers vs Mariners Odds|
|Rangers vs Mariners Prediction|
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Montgomery
- The Rangers will hand the ball to Montgomery (9-11) for his 31st start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw seven innings against the Boston Red Sox, giving up one earned run while allowing five hits.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.38 and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .249 in 30 games this season.
- He's looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Montgomery has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has finished six appearances without allowing an earned run in 30 chances this season.
Mariners Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Logan Gilbert
- The Mariners are sending Gilbert (13-6) to the mound to make his 31st start of the season. He is 13-6 with a 3.77 ERA and 182 strikeouts in 179 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Sunday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, the right-hander went five innings, allowing five earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- In 30 games this season, the 26-year-old has amassed a 3.77 ERA and 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .236 to his opponents.
- Gilbert enters this matchup with 17 quality starts under his belt this year.
- Gilbert is aiming for his seventh straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages six frames per start.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in two of his 30 outings this season.
- This season, the 26-year-old ranks 26th in ERA (3.77), 10th in WHIP (1.078), and 22nd in K/9 (9.2) among qualifying pitchers.
Logan Gilbert vs. Rangers
- The opposing Rangers offense has the third-ranked slugging percentage (.456) and ranks sixth in home runs hit (217) in all of MLB. They have a collective .266 batting average, and are second in the league with 1411 total hits and third in MLB play scoring 849 runs.
- In 6 2/3 innings over one appearance against the Rangers this season, Gilbert has a 2.7 ERA and a 0.6 WHIP while his opponents are batting .136.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.