How to Watch the Phillies vs. Marlins Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for NL Wild Card Game 2
The NL Wild Card Series continues on Wednesday when the Philadelphia Phillies play host to the Miami Marlins. The Phillies will look to clinch a berth in the NLDS when the game begins at 8:08 PM ET on ESPN. Braxton Garrett will start for the Marlins while the Phillies have not named their starter.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this game and make sure you don't miss any of the action all year long!
Phillies vs. Marlins Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
- Time: 8:08 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Venue: Citizens Bank Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Read More About This Game
Phillies Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Phillies are eighth-best in baseball with 220 total home runs.
- Philadelphia's .438 slugging percentage is fifth-best in MLB.
- The Phillies' .256 batting average is eighth-best in MLB.
- Philadelphia has the No. 8 offense in MLB action, scoring 4.9 runs per game (796 total runs).
- The Phillies rank ninth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .327.
- The Phillies strike out 9.1 times per game to rank 23rd in baseball.
- The pitching staff for Philadelphia has a collective 9.1 K/9, the seventh-best in MLB.
- Philadelphia has the 11th-ranked team ERA across all MLB pitching staffs (4.04).
- The Phillies have the seventh-lowest WHIP in the majors (1.240).
Marlins Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Marlins have hit 166 homers this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- Fueled by 445 extra-base hits, Miami ranks 20th in MLB with a .404 slugging percentage this season.
- The Marlins rank fifth in MLB with a .258 team batting average.
- Miami has scored 666 runs (just 4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Marlins have an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- The Marlins have shown patience at the plate this season with the fifth-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.9) among MLB offenses.
- Miami strikes out 9.3 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, fifth-best in MLB.
- Miami has pitched to a 4.26 ERA this season, which ranks 16th in baseball.
- The Marlins have a combined WHIP of 1.295 as a pitching staff, which ranks 16th in MLB.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher
- Aaron Nola (12-9) gets the starting nod for the Phillies in his 33rd start of the season. He's put together a 4.46 ERA in 193 2/3 innings pitched, with 202 strikeouts.
- His most recent appearance came on Tuesday, Sept. 26 against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when the righty went 6 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- Nola is aiming to claim his third quality start in a row in this matchup.
- Nola will try to prolong a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging six innings per appearance).
- In three of his appearances this season he did not give up an earned run.
Marlins Probable Starting Pitcher
- Garrett (9-7) will take to the mound for the Marlins and make his 31st start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up four earned runs in four innings pitched on Wednesday, Sept. 27 in his last outing, a matchup with the New York Mets.
- In 30 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 10 of them.
- In 30 starts, Garrett has pitched through or past the fifth inning 23 times. He has a season average of 5.1 frames per outing.
- He has made 31 appearances and finished seven of them without allowing an earned run.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Phillies Starter||Opponent Starter|
|9/28/2023||Pirates||L 3-2||Home||Zack Wheeler||Luis Ortiz|
|9/30/2023||Mets||L 4-3||Away||Taijuan Walker||Tylor Megill|
|9/30/2023||Mets||L 11-4||Away||Michael Plassmeyer||José Quintana|
|10/1/2023||Mets||W 9-1||Away||Matt Strahm||Jose Butto|
|10/3/2023||Marlins||W 4-1||Home||Zack Wheeler||Jesús Luzardo|
|10/4/2023||Marlins||-||Home||Aaron Nola||Braxton Garrett|
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Marlins Starter||Opponent Starter|
|9/29/2023||Pirates||W 4-3||Away||Edward Cabrera||Osvaldo Bido|
|9/30/2023||Pirates||W 7-3||Away||JT Chargois||Quinn Priester|
|10/1/2023||Pirates||L 3-0||Away||Ryan Weathers||Andre Jackson|
|10/2/2023||Mets||L 1-0||Away||Jesús Luzardo||David Peterson|
|10/3/2023||Phillies||L 4-1||Away||Jesús Luzardo||Zack Wheeler|
|10/4/2023||Phillies||-||Away||Braxton Garrett||Aaron Nola|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.